INTEGRATED SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY POLICY
ICAP-SIRA is a chemical company founded in 1945 dedicated to the production and commercialization of acrylic, vinyl-acrylic, styrene -acrylic, urethane-acrylic polymers and copolymers, tackifiers dispersions, pigment pastes and auxiliaries for the Textile and Nonwovens, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive and Coatings sectors. The company is a relevant producer on Italian market.
Our mission is to be an international, innovative and flexible partner, that meets the needs of the global market and the customer requirements, providing a specialized and high qualified service, and a wide portfolio of synthetic products and formulations.
ICAP SIRA Chemicals and Polymers S.p.A has developed its own Organization, Management and Control Model (EX D. LGS 231/01) with the purpose to identify a system of guidelines for all employees and/or contractors to follow in their activities, both internal and external, inspired by ethical, honesty, integrity, fairness values and in compliance with laws and regulations and transparency of operations.
ICAP SIRA Chemicals and Polymers considers health and safety, environment and quality as essential points of its policy of continuous improvement of the processes, aimed at creating products and providing services that fully meet the needs and expectations of its customers and internal and external stakeholders. ICAP SIRA’s priority is to identify a system of rules and procedures intended to guarantee the safety and health of workers ad population, the integrity of the site plants and the environment protection.
For this purpose, the Company has decided to draw up, implement and maintain and adequate Integrated, Safety Environment and Quality Model as an instrument into the Company’s strategy. The Model takes into account the requirements of art.14 of Legislative Decree 105/15 (also clarified in the Policy document for the production sites subjected to Seveso requirements) and the guidelines of the OHSAS 18001:2007 and UNI INAIL 2001.
The continuous improvement, aimed at customer satisfaction and at the respect of the needs of the parties involved, is considered an indispensable factor to maintain and increase the competitiveness in the markets, offering prompt service and reliable products corresponding to explicit and implicit expectations at an appropriate and competitive price, in compliance with present and future requirements of national, regional and local legislation on safety and prevention of major-accident hazards and environmental protection, as well as obligations voluntarily signed with the concerned parties.
ICAP-SIRA Chemicals and Polymers S.p.A. undertakes to pursue the following general objectives:
- maintain an Integrated, Safety Environment and Quality Model in conformity with UN EN ISO 9001: 2015, UNI EN ISO 14001: 2015, OHSAS 18001: 2007 and UNI INAIL 2001 guidelines;
- the Model will be periodically reviewed according to the new corporate targets and market needs
- to create products that meet the specifications requested by the customers and the mandatory requirements;
- fostering innovation through the investment in Research and Development projects;
- optimize internal processes towards greater efficiency in all sectors;
- the costs optimization through monitoring and improvement actions;
- continue to implement an organizational architecture that considers greater involvement and accountability of all company figures and stakeholders;
- comply with all current and future requirements of national, regional and local legislation on safety and prevention of major-accident hazards and environmental protection, as well as obligations voluntarily signed with the concerned parties;
- identify possible emergency situations in order to implement preventive actions and to plan and periodically test the corrective actions necessary to face them
- design and manage the changes of activities, plants or processes in order to minimize the risks;
- periodically implement programs for the improvement of workers’ health and safety, to prevent major accident risks, for the protection of the environment in accordance with technological development.
- ensure transparency and visibility to its activities to encourage greater awareness of plant management methods among employees and stakeholders (including the population);
- pursuing continuous improvement, through risk-based thinking for all activities of the organization;
- periodically consult workers’ representatives to inform and train all the staff of the organization to maintain an adequate level of awareness of the risks associated with their activities and the prevention measures adopted;
all workers will be fully informed, trained and made aware of safety matters, in order to carry out their duty suitability.
- communicate the principles of the present Integrated Quality, Environment, Health and Safety Management System to all external interested parties (such as suppliers, contractors, bodies, etc.) to ensure their involvement in the application;
- allocate the necessary resources to ensure the proper application of the principles of this policy and to periodically verify the degree and effectiveness of application.
The Management ensures that the Integrated Policy is communicated, understood and applied within the organization and made available to relevant stakeholders, as appropriate, through:
- training courses;
- informative meetings;
- execution of periodic internal integrated audits on the SGI supported by the implementation of any corrective actions aimed at the continuous improvement and verification of the effectiveness of the actions implemented;
The spread of the Integrated Corporate Policy towards all staff is also guaranteed by the fact that the principles expressed in the document have always been part of company values.
The Management provides its staff with adequate tools and training to achieve the objectives of the Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality set and gives to those who have direct influence, the authority to promote, propose and verify the correct application of the Management System Environmental, Safety, Health and Quality.
Parabiago, 21 january 2018
TM (Quality and SHE Delegate)
Dr. Patrizia Medini